Partnership Development Associate
TalkingPoints (talkingpts.org) is an award-winning education technology non-profit on a mission to make it easy for any parent to be engaged in their children’s education, especially in low-income, diverse communities. Parent engagement can drive student success twice as much as a family’s socioeconomic status, yet underserved, diverse families struggle to get involved. We help teachers and parents build relationships, shift mindsets, create communities and understand what effective parent engagement looks like so that students can be better supported in their learning. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market – a multilingual family engagement platform with AI and human-powered two-way translation, and personalized coaching content.
Thousands of teachers are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms, and school and districts across the U.S. are using TalkingPoints for Schools and Districts in their school systems. We’re on track to reach millions of students and their families by 2020 – TalkingPoints is solving a real problem. We have won awards from MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by AT&T, Google, Comcast NBCUniversal, NewSchools Venture Fund, General Motors and Stanford University, to name a few. Learn more.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to join a growing startup with an awesome mission that uses technology to drive student learning and level the playing field for low-income families through accessible, cutting edge technology.
- Opportunity to grow partnerships for a product that solves a real pain point and supports our ability to scale our impact
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment with a supercharged team that thrives on a performance and output-driven mindset
- Competitive salary, medical, flexible vacation policy, 401K, and professional learning stipend
- Office in SoMa/downtown San Francisco.
- Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
You and this position. A Partnership Development Associate at TalkingPoints will engage and close prospective customers. You will drive sales goals by identifying and working with prospects through the sales process. With the goal of maximizing new customer acquisition, you will be a thorough, detail-oriented teammate, who scales our impact by executing a customer-centric buying experience.
Things you might do on a given day:
- Respond to inbound prospect request for quotes.
- Identify prospects and recommend solutions with the goal of generating proposals and closing contracts.
- Meet with prospective customers to qualify them for budget, authority, need, and timeline.
- Conduct engaging, in-depth, product demonstrations to qualified school and district partners.
- Work with our Customer Success and Product teams to prepare customers for a successful implementation, driving customer adoption and retention.
- Ensure our CRM is up-to-date and accurate to support full sales cycle from lead generation to closing sales.
- You have a minimum of 2 years experience in B2B sales focused on prospecting and new customer acquisition in a technology sales role.
- You’re experienced in closing sales contracts between $2,500 and $25,000 in annual recurring revenue.
- You’re an excellent communicator and have the confidence to speak effectively with a range of school and district leaders as you introduce, demonstrate, and solve some of the key family engagement and communication issues in educational organizations.
- You’re a hard worker with an attitude of self-motivation and initiative. You enjoy removing roadblocks and solving problems.
- You’re attentive to detail and care about deepening customer relationships.
- You’re tech savvy – you can learn new tools quickly.
- You have previous experience as a teacher or working in K-12 education.
- You come with knowledge and experience working with educational technology.
- You have worked in a small, fast growing start up.
How to apply
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Subject: Partnership Development Associate.
- Please include:
- Your resume
- A brief cover paragraph describing your interest and qualifications (this is required – submissions will not be considered without this)
- Your LinkedIn URL